Thursday, February 21, 2013

The News Is Out

We officially broke the news... I guess the saying is true- nothing is officially until it's "Facebook official." :) So after telling family, close friends, and our awesome church it was that time last night!
We are ADOPTING! We are going to POLAND! And we are soooo EXCITED!

Adoption has been on our hearts for a while now but if anyone knows me then you know that things just don't happen unless they are on in ink in my planner... and more than likely highlighted! (Kimberly, Kelsey, Carlie, and Kim...wink wink) I never dreamed that adoption would come now. Later, but not now... at 3.5 years of marriage, as barely a new grad, and as living at my parents. (Yes, a story for another time.) I had my plans in place and this was to come farther down the road. Funny how God makes you think you're completely in control and then all of a sudden throws you for a loop. I love His humor. He totally wrecked my planner! ha! God's been laying something on my heart for almost a year a now and I just couldn't figure out exactly what it was. After being in Russia to bring home my 2nd nephew with my sister, however, adoption seem to have a connection with it. And of course I have a man that patiently listened to me talk to him almost daily about it. I tried to hush the calling I felt until I couldn't do it anymore. It hit me square in the face on the way home from working out early one morning when For King and Country's song "The Proof of Your Love" came on the radio....you gotta listen to it if you haven't heard the song. Through my sobs I realized that it was exactly what God was calling to me to be... PROOF! PROOF OF HIS LOVE! And what better way to do that then to get the chance to show a child this proof. A child that is small, hungry, lonely, cold, and fatherless in this fallen world... because hey, that's exactly what me and Will were- we were small, hungry, lonely, and cold in this crazy, fallen world at one point. And what did Jesus do, He adopted us! He wrapped his loving, warm, and awesome arms around us. He fed us, loved us, clothed us, and blessed us beyond our dreams and He is still doing it today! And how could I deny this is what God has been speaking to me about when Will felt it too?

Ahhhh,  can you hear my excitement? We are going to get the chance to do this for a child. We are going to love the fatherless. We are going to show mercy. And we are going to do for the least of these! And best of all, we are going to do this for a child we call OUR OWN!

Will and I are already blown away by the amazing support everyone has shown. Please join us through this journey!! We know we can't do it without you!

2 comments:

  1. Casey!! Omgosh. I feel so honored to be ablw to share this with you!!! Prayers and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. I am excited to hear how God uses you guys in this journey.

    ReplyDelete