Friday, July 18, 2014

One Week and the In-Betweens

It’s been 1 week since Gotcha Day and it’s crazy what a week does! I keep saying that every day but from the 2 hour melt down the 1st night to our little girl crawling up on us to go sleep is amazing!! Everything is going better than we thought and we are so thankful. We even went back to the orphanage today to be transported to get her vaccinations.  My understanding is she needed these since she will be 2 when we arrive in the states. Plus, she was due for them. She didn’t seem to be phased by the orphanage but I almost went into Mama Mode when the lady took her out of Will’s arms when she cried over the shot. I know she was just trying to do what she thought was best and it was only because she loves her. I’m grateful for that as I have said before.

Poland is great and we are enjoying the beautiful weather. Everyone here has been so nice and we have even learned how to navigate the bus system (by getting lost once! Lol!). Our funniest question has by far been, “How’s Obama?” Haha! Needless to say, the guy voiced his opinion before we said anything and let’s just say we all agreed on that subject and didn’t even have to say anything… we even got free samples of food after that. Lol.  We have tried to stay active and enjoy the area we are in. We have tons of places to walk and do this for a couple hours a day if not more. There is even a great playground area for Reese. Will is definitely not impressed with the lawn care around here. It seems no one really mows and they for sure do not weed-eat. I am reminded of this at least once daily when we walk. But they sure plant lots of beautiful flowers and I, of course, think they are beautiful. Ha!

 This was so cool... It's all flowers and plants!
Will checking out the weed-eaters here in Poland!

One of the areas we walk!!

The food here is great! Actually, the pizza is AMAZING! I know, pizza, right? Well there is only so much meat and potatoes I can handle. Remember, I’m here for at least 6 weeks so cut me some slack.

 This was my favorite!!... they put corn on their pizza, too!!

 So it's in a Jack Daniel's cup however it is boiled fruit! It was soooo good. Linds it made me think of you! The best way for fruit juice. This is apricots.



I’ve said it once but I must say it again, the Miller’s (missionaries here) are truly a blessing from heaven to us. They have helped us with the apartment we are staying in now, allowed us to attend church with them, had us over for dinner, and given us a stroller, pack and play, and toys to use while we are here. I can’t imagine being so far from home without help from them! At supper Monday night we got to hear their story… they are here in Poland through Josiah Venture where they are working to launch Fusion (it is a ministry to youth through music). They have 4 beautiful children, 1 who is also adopted. They are just a wonderful family with huge hearts. If you are looking for a way to connect to missions, I ask that you consider them. (Give here: https://josiahventure.webconnex.com/1052161) I know it hard to give sometimes so if you are unable to, please pray for them as they work to spread the gospel in Poland.

We have a visit from the social worker this coming Tuesday. She will testify in court for us on our behalf. We are trying to keep Reese bruise and bump free until then! Lol… she is walking however at a regressed stage because of delays expected from the orphanage but the PT in me is making her walk a lot and therefore we have a few falls as expected with any toddler. Nothing that has caused tears yet, whew! So, I misunderstood about court. It is still July 29th however it is in the city Reese’s orphanage is in instead of Warsaw. After this, we head to Warsaw. I’m still searching for a place. I thought I had found a few at a cheaper rate however nothing that has connected for different reasons. Please pray for this. I could be there for up to 34 days after court and paying $65-70/night will be impossible. Although we are fully funded, we aren’t funded for these prices. Of course, there has been a lot of hidden expenses once we got here and that hasn’t helped. Also pray that the judge will let me and Reese leave early and head home 2 weeks after the court day. My cousin, Austin, has been living at our house and I think he would rather us stay gone for a little longer… he better move over though! My bed is all mine when I get there! I’m ready to see my dogs too and let Belle and Bo lick their new sister. I left at a busy time during work as well and I know I need to get back to my patients before my boss loses his hair! Lol.

We’ve Skyped with the family and the kids are priceless… Reese has no idea how much love she is going to get, especially from her cousins that go nuts when we call. Oh, and Hudson got his passport today!! He and Linds will be here for our last week to fly home with me since Will won’t be here.

I can’t wait for y’all to meet Reese!!


P.S. For some reason blogger translates my posts to Polish then back to English so sorry if the wording is weird! I did proof read. J

2 comments:

  1. There is an awesome Pizza place in Warsaw. I will have to find the name of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad things are going good sorry about the unexpected things that has come up praying for you and your new family

    ReplyDelete